September was great, my 7th month in this country, I had the chance to have some traveling, and some time with my family at home as well. It was a bit of cold month, due to Winter in here, makes everything really wet and cold, but, makes it green and beautiful.
Because one of the Rotarians in my club owns a Skiing shop in town I had the chance to go Skiing more times. I went the to the same Skiing field, called Mt. Selwyn, a little family resort with all kind of rides, mostly of low difficulty. I invited the other exchange student in the District, called Mickael, he is from Sweden, and lives about 2 hours from Wagga. It was a good day. Mickael knows how to ski so he taught me the basics again, and told me the things I was doing wrong. Even though there was not enough snow, it was a great day and we had lots of fun!
The day after was father's day, the fact of being other day made it pretty odd for me, but it's just different. We went to have some nice lunch at a Chinese restaurant in Junee with my host siblings Dad and had a nice evening. Junee is just a little town 15 minutes from where I live, and about 30 minutes from Wagga, it has a few shops and a nice Liquorice factory. It's a good excuse for a short road trip.
The next week I had my Host brothers party, he turned 18 so he had a big one. We have some friends in common so it was good fun, until I had to clean next day. Definitely a good night!
Next sunday I went skiing to Falls Creek, one of the biggest and best resorts in Australia, definitely other level, my skiing improved and I learned how to ski without falling and with proper techniques. It was really good. It was snowin the same morning and I managed to ski as much as I could. Definitely something I will never forget.
The weekend after I had an outbound orientation where I met the Aussie exchange students and see my newbies again. It was in Wagga so I showed my newbies around and had time to know them more. It was a great month and I quite enjoyed. September sweet September.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario