Exchange has a lot of moments, they can be good or bad, happy or sad...
I've been having an awesome time in Australia, with practically any "sad" moment, but is certain to happen, there are times when you are "homesick" or should I say, missing home?
In exchange world, there is a big difference between them, homesickness is wanting to go back home, leave all and go home visit your friends, family your city, blah blah blah.
Missing home is just that. You don't want to go back, but you remember all the things you've been through there, good memories and more. Well, that is what I've been experiencing, some people that haven't been on exchange yet may think I'm not having a good time, but I am. It's just that I miss my city, my family, my friends, specially my city, Wagga is amazing, but I can't help it, I've lived in Lima for 16 years of my life, and is the city I love the most, I've been in the most "beautiful" cities, New York, Sydney, Cuzco, Melbourne, and more, but I've never seen a city more beautiful than Lima. I just miss it. But out from that, that is what Missing home is.
Other situations is host families. A lot of exchange students worry a lot about their host families, and i've been through that, and it's true. Is really weird at the first days of exchange being in your host family, you feel afraid of a "disapproval" or lower expectations. The feeling of being in your host family is a bit weird, specially the part that I worried the most, and I still do, "Mom & Dad", you don't have a clue how to call them, it really depends on YOU and your host family, you may find the situation which They don't want you to call them like that, or they just simply don't care; in the second case, do whatever it suits you. A thing that i've found is that you have siblings is a bit better, you just follow them saying mom and dad, that makes the things way more easy.
Another thing is being afraid of doing things you used to do back home, well, I am a 16 year old kid, and obviously I've been a mess with my stuff, like my room, bathroom, kitchen and more. When you're on exchange all of those things change, the fact of being afraid makes you do the right stuff, and you get used to it before you realize it. It is really simple, and it really makes you feel good. Now I am way more organized that I was before, I'm still irresponsible of my stuff, missing them, breaking them, and more, but i'm hopeful that that will change in the next couple of months.
Hope the post answered some questions for future exchangers! and I will be posting more with more situations soon :)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario