sábado, 14 de septiembre de 2013

Half a Year: 6 Months at Home ♥

The third of this month was the big day, excited and sad, half a year at my home, Australia. I don't know, but sometimes I don't realise I am an exchange student, and I think I've been here all my life. It's really important for an exchange student to have this feeling, it makes you feel so good, it makes you feel accepted, welcomed, and settled in. A thing I feel now, that I may thought I had before, but not even close.

Me 6 months ago
The fact of being 6 months in this country makes things unusual, I still remember my first days on my head, and visualise them as a movie, keen to go back and repeat it, but happy to keep going until the end. I've felt way more included at school, and makes me think, did I settle in before, or it's just now? I really don't know, but I feel school life is way better than before.


The 6 months that I've been in this country have been the best in my life, without a doubt. I think that the fact of the perfect blend between; sadness, happiness, excitement, amusement, boredom have made half of my exchange better and for me, perfect.


I've had 3 amazing families, and I am pretty sure, the last one will be as good as the other ones, on them, I've had really different experiences, on the first one, I lived on the city, few blocks from school and the main street, I was the only child at home and had 2 amazing parents. The second lived outside town, approximately 15 km had 2 brothers and lived in a farm; I really enjoyed the change between City-Country, had an amazing house and Family. Finally, and the house I am currently in, lives 30 km out of town, I have 5 siblings, 3 at home, and 2 outside, I have a Single Mum and it's amazing.


It's amazing how in 6 months I've changed so much, and it's not because people says it, you feel it, as I said, it's the combination of feelings and situations you have that make you change, the fact of being alone, overseas and without your parents makes a big change on you. Being an exchange student it's a great opportunity and you need to take advantage of it. I've had a lot of hard moments during this year, BUT, it doesn't even count all the happy and fun moments I've had, that's the fact that has half of my exchange, at least for me perfect. You get to grow up a lot, you can still be childish all the time, but you think before doing things, and think on the consequences. Exchange teaches you a lot of stuff and you actually use it, all the things you learn will help you solving problems and difficult situations.

This concludes my Half a year post, what I've lived and Achieved.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario